Marketing / Communications Intern
CONNECT THE DOTS is a fast-growing start-up based at the Tara Building, one of Dublin’s newest creative co-working spaces. We were finalists in Google's Adopt a Start up and Accenture's Leaders of Tomorrow - and are now Enterprise Ireland clients as recipients of the Competitive Female Start Fund.
Connect the Dots is a insight-driven event design company. Our vision is to democratise the events industry; by designing events in a collaborative way, crowdsourcing ideas from attendees so that where everyone has the opportunity to have their say in shaping the event.
Previous clients include Accenture, Body & Soul Festival, Dublin City Council, RIAI, Suas, Goethe Institute, University College Dublin, Nu, Bloom Fringe Festival and many more.
About the Role - Marketing / Communications Intern, with an emphasis on Digital Marketing:
- Tara Building workspace: You’ll have your own desk at one of Dublin’s most exciting co-working spaces - and can avail of social events, rooftop activities, yoga, and of course, free coffee =)
- Full time
- 3-6 months internship: Continuation to be discussed
Skills / jobs to do [The Ideal Candidate]:
- Good research skills - to know what others are doing and what new and innovative ways people are marketing their services and ability to then apply that to what we do
- Help with preparation of communications, slides, marketing collateral
- Have a good grasp of digital marketing / how to run a social media campaign, or ability to learn it fast
- Work on developing thought leadership for Connect the Dots via Linkedin, thought leadership articles and blogs, developing case studies, etc
- Day to day admin on various social media accounts and how to respond to queries in a timely and appropriate manner
- You’ll get the chance to be responsible for content positioning and messaging, creative copywriting, landing pages, blogs
- We are looking for someone who is interested in what we do and will be able to find the right channels to use and opportunities to tell people what we do
- You’ll have initiative, in a busy office you’ll meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent copywriting skills and an excellent handle of the English language; Strong written and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Databases and Social Media Platforms, Google Docs; ideally proficient in Adobe design software (Illustrator or Indesign)
- Great organisational skills and a certain level of project management skills
What you’ll get the opportunity to learn:
- Working with a start up allows you to see all sides of running the business.
- We’re an Enterprise Ireland client on an accelerator programme so you will have the chance to learn from material given by experts in their fields
- If you have a particular skill you wish to learn we can discuss this beforehand and do our best to facilitate
- We can provide networking opportunities - events on variety of different topics
- Tara Building - full members with your own co-working desk so you’ll have opportunities for free networking events, weekly yoga, coffee / kitchen, etc
How to apply:
Please send in your CV and a short paragraph as to why you think you’d be a good fit in this role with Connect the Dots to firstname.lastname@example.org.