Make A Wish Job Spec Marketing & Communications Officer Maternity Contract
Marketing & Communications Officer, Maternity Leave Cover
Type: Full time, fixed term 10-month contract
Location: Leopardstown, Dublin 18
Make-A-Wish Ireland has one simple aim – to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions, to bring hope, strength and happiness.
Since 1992, Make-A-Wish has granted wishes for more than 2,300 brave children across Ireland, including 221 wishes granted in 2017 alone. A wish granted is true magic for the child, providing respite from their normal routines of hospitals, doctors and treatment. Make-A-Wish Ireland does not receive any government funding and relies overwhelmingly on the kindness of the Irish public to continue granting wishes.
Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing & Communications Officer will be responsible for creating and delivering best in class and forward-thinking marketing campaigns.
As one of the leading affiliates of a global organisation, this is an excellent opportunity to take on a leading role in a well-respected children’s charity.
Responsibilities of the Marketing & Communications Officer include:
- Overseeing the work of the Marketing Executive
- Liaising with the fundraising team to develop effective marketing and PR strategies
- Developing and delivering engaging content all marketing campaigns
- Proofing all marketing materials and ensuring adherence to brand guidelines
- Liaising with external PR and media teams
- Working with designers and printers to deliver marketing materials
- Overseeing the continued roll-out of the organisation’s new brand
- Managing and updating the organisation’s website and social media channels
- Managing the organisation’s email marketing strategy, including overseeing marketing email content and schedules
- Implementing global strategic initiatives and working closely with global marketing team members
- Monitoring and analysing campaign performance, including across digital channels, and ensuring insights are used to inform future campaigns
- Working with the CEO to assist in delivering research projects
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A degree in marketing, communications or a related field with at least 2 years’ previous marketing and communications experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A proven track record in achieving targets
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
- Positive, effective and collaborative working style with strong attention to detail
- Passionate about the work of Make-A-Wish and the impact it makes on the lives of sick children and their families
- Full clean driving licence and own vehicle
- Experience in using Google Analytics, Google Ads and Salesforce an advantage
To apply for the role of Marketing & Communications Officer, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday, 7th September 2018